Image Alt

Safflower Seed Oil

Safflower Seed Oil

Carthamus tinctorius L., known as Safflower, is native to Asia and the Mediterranean, grown in arid and semi-arid regions in the world. It is an annual oilseed plant belonging to the  Asteraceae family. Seeds of the plant contain 15-22% protein,  38-48% oil and 11-22% fibre [1].

 Safflower oil, obtained by cold pressing from the seeds of this plant, which is drought and salt tolerant. Safflower oil is composed mainly of oleic and linoleic acids. These two unsaturated fatty acids make up 90% of safflower oil. The saturated fatty acids palmitic acid and stearic acid make up the remaining 10%. This oil can help in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins such as retinol, calciferol, tocopherol and phylloquinone. In addition, Safflower oil is a carrier of fat-soluble retinol, calciferol, tocopherol and phylloquinone vitamins [2,3,4].



Safflower Seed oil can be used alone or blended with your other favorite base oil.

This oil is edible and also excellent for hair and skin.

This oil is suitable for all skin types, ideally suitable for dry, dehydrated, sensitive, irritated, dull or mature skins.

Topically,  It is used in cosmetic and massage applications with its light consistency and emollient, moisturizing, nourishing and soothing properties. Thanks to its Vitamins E and K and Omega-6 fatty acid content.

This oil is ideal for dry, damaged or brittle hair.


Suggested Uses:

 Blend 20 ml of Sesame Seed Oil with 10 ml of Safflower Seed Oil to use as a massage oil base. You can strengthen the effect of this oil mixture by adding essential oils in appropriate proportions.


Warning & Safety Requirements:

  • If you are pregnant or lactating, please consult with your doctor before using any product containing essential oils.
  • Do not use it internally, unless directed by a licensed Aromatherapist or Physician.
  • Not suitable for children.


Storage Conditions:

Store oils in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and out of reach of children.



INCI: Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil
Cas No: 8001-23-8
Batch/Lot No: 221601002
Stok Kodu: -
Botanik adı: Carthamus tinctorius
Bitki Ailesi: Asteraceae
İçindekiler: %100 Saf Aspir Yağı
Elde Ediliş Metodu: Soğuk Sıkım
Elde Edilen Kısım: Tohum
Menşei: Türkiye
Renk: Uçuk- Altın Sarısı
Yoğunluk: Çok Hafif
Absorpsiyon: Hızlı Emilim, Hafif Yağlı His
Dahili Kullanım: Uygun
Yetiştirme Yöntemi: Geleneksel Üretim
Üretim Sonrası Raf Ömrü: Doğru kriterler altında saklandığı takdirde max. 12 ay
Şişe Kapağı Açıldıktan Sonra Kullanım Süresi: 9 ay